An American 16-gun privateer Baltimore Clipper designed vessel of about 92’ was built at Baltimore circa 1801. It was later taken by the British in 1808 from the French, who had just purchased it, and named Tigress, then changed to Alergine. This plank-on-frame model depicts the hull into different formats. The starboard side has natural hull planking with an exposed amidship area which reveals the internal hull frames, as well as lower deck. The port side of the hull has been fully planked-in and copper sheathed with individual plates and in a variegated coloration fashion. The deck planking has also been partially removed on the starboard side to allow visibility below, showing a segment of cargo and small accommodation area. The model is constructed primarily of basswood and cherry both of which are used to highlight different aspects of the model. It is fully rigged with all standing lines and the majority of running lines per naval practice of the era. The model is mounted on a natural teak baseboard with a recessed rectangular mirror and satin wood inlay banding. It includes a glazed cover trimmed in brass and a brass engraved name plaque.