Charles W. Morgan
American bark-rigged whaler. Built by J. & Z. Hillman at New Bedford in 1841, at 113’ in length, 351 tons. Survives today at Mystic Seaport Museum. Plank-on-bulkhead hull construction with individual copper sheathing depicted with a oxidized green coloration. It shows all appropriate deck details, e.g., tryworks, cooper’s bench, cutting-in staging platform, five equipped whaleboats on davits, two spare boats, etc. The model is fully rigged showing all standing lines and essential running rigging, plus some whale hauling tackle. The model is presented in a custom fitted mahogany case with dark walnut stained finish, stain wood inlay banding, and recessed mirror. The glazed cover is trimmed in brass and includes a brass engraved plaque.