By: Erford W. Burt
Designed by C. Raymond Hunt, the Concordia was first built in 1938, but the majority of the boats were built after World War II. Most of the hulls were built by Abeking and Rasmussen in Germany and finished in the United States. While this classic yawl is no longer built, most of the boats are still sailing.
They had an overall length of 39’ 10”, 29’ 6” length at the waterline, beam of 10’ 3”, draft of 5’ 8”, displacement of 18,000 lbs., and a 650 square foot sail area. The hulls were of mahogany, spars of wood, mizzen sheets to transom, long counter, and jumper stays on both masts. They had gasoline engines with a 20 gallon capacity, 60 gallon capacity of water, slept four, and rated PHRF 168 approximately