This famous 44 gun frigate was built between 1794 and 1797 at Hartt’s Shipyard in Boston. The model shows its 'as launched' configuration with Hercules figurehead and stern decorations, which are based on period paintings by Michele Felice Cornè. The model is constructed semi plank-on-frame: starboard side is fully planked-in, painted, and copper sheathed, port side below waterline has exposed mahogany mid-ship frames. Deck planking is individually laid, with built-up bulwarks. She shows all basic standing and running rigging per naval practice, and carries three ship’s boats. Extra masts and spars are also shown on deck. Model is presented full hull, mounted on brass pedestals, and displayed in a custom glazed & ebonized case with a walnut 'burl' plinth and a single hand lettered gold leaf name plaque.