A very well documented American ‘triangular trade’ merchant clipper-bowed brigantine of 111’, she had the classic designs of larger clipper ships of the era. It was built by D. J. Lawler at Owl’s Head / Penobscott River, Maine in 1854. The model is shown under full sail in a moderate sea and includes all normal deck arrangement for a small merchant vessel of this type. It is constructed of solid wood, which has then been planked-over, and includes laid decking, with all appropriate deck furniture, hatches, gear, and fittings. The model is authentically painted per mid 19th century merchant practice with an black topside and coppered sheathed bottom. Rigging is of painted twisted copper wire, sails are of treated and painted tissue, with a wooden sculpted sea being hand-carved and painted with artists oils. The case is constructed of English black walnut burl veneer with matching trim on the cover, and brass engraved plaques.
Model type: Waterline
Scale: 1/16" = 1'
Size: 14 1/2” x 6 7/8" x 9 3/4”