By: Bernd Braatz
18-gun brig designed by Benj. Hutton, Jr., built at Philadelphia, by Nath. Hutton c.1803; for service in the So. Atlantic and Caribbean stations, providing escort service to merchant vessels sailing from Charleston and Savannah. Solid wood hull, planked-over above the waterline with Swiss pear, laid decking, built-up bulwarks; all appropriate deck furniture, copper sheathing, 18 24-pdr. carronade armament. Authentically painted with black topsides, natural gunport band and red interior bulwarks, natural pearwood deck furniture. Full brig rig with yards slightly canted to a starboard tack.