Lord Horatio Nelson’s flagship contemporaneous to the famous Battle at Trafalgar, 1805. A First-rate ship of 102 guns, Victory was built at Chatham Dockyard in 1765. After Trafalgar and much damaged, she was towed to Gibraltar and finally returned to Portsmouth, arriving in December 1805, bearing her dead Admiral.She was repaired at Chatham, then recommissioned in March 1808, and for the next 4 years saw active service in the Baltic and off the coasts of Spain. In 1812, she finally returned to Portsmouth in December ending her sea-going life.The model is constructed via a plank-on-frame/bulkhead method, is fully planked and copper sheathed, and painted. Each deck level is completed and fitted with guns, as well as having internal lights. The rigging configuration is comprehensive with both standing and running lines. It is mounted on a fitted mahogany table with plaques and glazed cover trimmed in brass.